VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:04:35 -0400
Think UBUNTU, it is Linux, made simple enough for me, and free!!, and
includes ORCA,  a screen reader similar to JAWS (Whale vs shark).  Will
RE:

y, and unfortunately, all the companies (with the exception of gw micro), will not let us make paimets.  So, I was thinking, why can't local chapters of either ACB, or NFB, (depending on what group is represented in our communities), set up a technology fund.  The person needing the technology would have to pay the fund back, but at least, people could make payments.  The first month a payment is not made, the chapter would come and repo the software or hardware, or both.
So, what do you all think of that idea?  Give me all the feedback you can, but we must do something for folks.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]