VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:11:31 -0600
Hello All:

I'm working with someone that has a situation where she gets some
messages twice when using Outlook Express.  Naturally, I wanted to have
her look at the option on the advanced tab of the e-mail account to see
if the "leave messages on server" box is checked so we can uncheck it if
we have too.

This person uses MSN for e-mail and has an HTTP protocol mail server.
When I had her go into the properties of her e-mail account, she cannot
get over to the advanced tab where we can look at the leave a copy of
messages on server check box.

Does anyone know what might be causing her to see two copies of messages
using this e-mail setup and what we can do to fix it?

Also, she has a folder in her Outlook Express called Bulk Mail Folder or
something like that.  Is this something that is set up since she has an
http protocol mail server?  If not, does anyone have any thoughts on
what program may have created it?  This person is very new to the
windows environment and isn't able to tell me all of the programs she
has on her computer.  She's got Norton but doesn't have it activated.
The bulk mail folder sounds like something that would be created by an
anti spam program but Norton creates a folder called Norton Anti Spam.
How can she tell her e-mail program that she wants certain messages from
certain addresses so they don't go in the bulk folder? In other words,
how can she tell the program that messages are "not spam?"

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)