From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:06:58 +0100
On Sep 09, 2008, at 2:57 am, Lynnet Bannion wrote:

> Actually, I thought I was agreeing with you :-)

Haha, sorry.  It's just that when I start a reply saying "Right.", I
tend to mean it like "Yeaahhhhh, righhhhht..." :)

> Motto that we agree upon:
> --Listen to what your body says about how much of any food to eat.--
>
> (that said, you can't believe your body when it cries for sweet
> pastries.....)

Definitely, which is why I made the point about it applying to foods
we evolved to eat.  It's one way now... I think it's true that "tastes
bad => bad for you", but NOT "tastes good => good for you", unless you
restrict yourself to paleo foods (or modern versions thereof).

> My husband has 2 eggs each day for breakfast: 14 per week, and has for
> years.  He never gets tired of them, never gets a "stop".  That and
> a little
> sausage and he's good to go until noon, or even 1 or 2 p.m. if he
> goes out for
> a bike ride.  I get the best eggs I can, fresh local eggs from
> chickens on the
> ground, since he's eating so many of them.

Hmmm, just as a test, suggest to him going without eggs for a week.
His answer will probably be one of two possibilities:

Why?  Hmmm, ok then.

- or -

FOR GOD'S SAKE WOMAN I'M NOT GIVING UP MY EGGS!!!

I've found this is a much better test of food addiction than any
chemical lab analysis :)

> We had our own chickens until last
> year, when the bear ate some and the bobcat ate some.  The chicken
> yard has so
> many trees and shrubs inside and out, I think it would be hard to
> put up an
> electric fence, and I don't know how else to protect them.

Maybe eat bear steak this year and return to eggs in 2009?

Ashley