C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Michael H. Collis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:24:17 -0400
Hey KJ,

I once wanted to commit suicide back in 1975-76.  That was the year I lived
at home and had little to no control of my life.  Once I regained that
control, the feelings and thoughts of suicide went away.  There was a female
with C.P. who was in the news about the 1980's who wanted to die, and she
even went to court to make the place she was staying help her to die.  I
don't know how all that worked out, but I think when one gets autonomous and
in control of one's life, that gives one power to overlook the staring and
rejection of people.