C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JOHN RUNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 12:59:02 -0600
Thank you everyone for you support.  This is the latest on why Mary fell to the side and lost coordination for several hours.

I finally talked to Mary's neuropsychologist  and
made the decision to drive to Pocatello,
 Idaho and take her to the
E.R.    The doctor did blood work and a cat scan no sign of
stroke or blood sugar problems he said he truly felt it was a "small" seizure
and that our local clinic should of sent us that day for testing including an
EEG and MRI given Mary's history.  Next time I will drive her strait to Sun Valley, Idaho
as it's the closest place where I know there is an MRI.  The Idaho Elks
pediatric physical therapist that has "already" evaluated her and
the neuropsycholigist also told me yes a walker is appropriate not for mobility
primarily but for fatigue reduction the very least but also as she is a slight
fall risk and that they will help me "urge" her doctor or doctors to
prescribe one.   The E.R. Doc also said Mary should never miss her
pediasure again as it helps her fight the fatigue and the school forgot to give
it to her.

Thanks,

John Runer

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ.