C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 13:08:59 -0400
I also should add that after elementary school, I was maintreamed and never
went back to going to a school for those with disabilities. The only time I
had home instruction, like Kendall, was when I had chicken pox in the third
grade and again after surgery. I remember being bored out of my skull both
times because I missed my school friends.  They were all scattered around
the valley, so it wasn't convenient for them to come by and visit me often.

Even my junior high school didn't have neighborhood kids as it was  a
parochial school and none of our neighbors had kids there.  So I had two
sets of playmates - one from school and the other from my street up in the
canyon.

Kat