C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 12:57:22 -0600
John and Virginia,

In both cases, I'd suggest getting in touch with Idaho's Tech Act Project.
*Idaho Assistive Technology Program
*129 West Third Street
Moscow, ID 83844-4401
Project Director: Ron Seiler
Phone/TTY: 208-885-3559
Phone/TTY: 800-432-8324
Fax: 208-885-3628
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.educ.uidaho.edu/idatech

They can help with Assessments (if not directly, through referral), and also
help work with the school district.  The schools are _eventually_ reimbursed
by the Federal government for items that are necessary for students with
disabilities to successfully benefit from education.  For people in other
state's who would like to contact their Tech Act projects, here's a link to
RESNA's listing:

 http://www.resnaprojects.org/nattap/at/statecontacts.html#wy

If your Tech Act Project isn't able (or willing) to help, get in touch with
Idaho Protection and Advocacy. That's another federally mandated program
that's designed to help people with disabilities (or family members)
navigate the bureaucracy,  If it comes to litigation P&A may be able to help
directly or provide referreal.

Here's Idaho's contact,

Idaho

 *CAP/PADD/PAIMI/PAIR/PABSS/TBI/PAVA *

*Address*: Co-Ad, Inc.
4477 Emerald, Suite B-100
Boise, ID 83706
*Phone*: 208-336-5353 Voice/TDD \ 866-262-3462
*Fax*: 208-336-5396
*E-Mail*: [log in to unmask];[log in to unmask]
*Website*: http://users.moscow.com/co-ad

as well as the national listing, for others, who might be interested:

http://www.napas.org/aboutus/PA_CAP.htm

Another resource specific to Idaho, is Jon Lyksett.  He's now working with
another program, so I sent him an e-mail and will cc this to him, to find
out who he knows who might be helpful.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.