C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JOHN RUNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:40:44 -0600
I have Home Schooled before with my two boys due to schools not following IEP's and it was challenging but they and Mary were all ahead of the curve when first returned to the public school system. Mary started public school at the kindergarten level.  Mary has recently become antisocial and very self conscious at public school.  I have been working on enlisting developmental and mental health professionals to bring her out of her shell.   I  have also started researching home school programs that are geared toward improving the lives of disabled children.  One is called NATHAN if you would like more information on it please email me individually it is a national association that I am considering joining for summer school purposes at the very least.

I also tried to put Mary in T-ball and a children's theater group last year and she does not handle teams or large groups of children well.  Teachers at public school have even noticed when the larger kids come onto the playground Mary becomes very frightened and attempts to stay by only her best friend or a teacher.

Thanks,

John Runer

Rediscover HotmailŪ: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox.
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009