C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:57:09 -0400
Hi Mags,

  No, the tub doesn't open with a door. Go to

  www.bainultra.com

Once there, click on Thermomasseur. Then click on Ayoura. That's the model
of my tub. The Ayoura has 63 jets and requires no special maintenance. Once
a bath is finished, a drying cycle of hot air is activated to 'sterilise the
jets. It blows water out, unlike a whirlpool, which draws water in and
around and then back out into the tub. That's why you can't use bath product
in a whirlpool; gunks up the works. Not the case with the air jet tub.

  I got the drop-in type and use a transfer seat with a cushion. The cushion
slides over the top of the outer deck area of the tub, so I just lift my
legs in, stand up, grab the bars, and then sit down. Medical grade bath
boards for bathing/transferring were too short as this tub is quite wide.
Also, a bath chair wouldn't work for transfer, as the tub is really deep!

  Thus far, I've had absolutely no problem getting in and out of it.
Necessity really is the mother of invention :)

  Some time ago, I posted a link that featured pictures of my house
renovations (interiors only). For anyone who missed it, I could post again.
My tub in a closet  is featured; the transfer seat shown is not the one I'm
currently using. The one pictured was an interim thing I slapped a coat of
paint on. The new one, made by the kitchen cabinet maker is lower and has a
lip around 3 sides to accomodate the cushion. The original transfer
seat/storage cube has now been repurposed in my spare room. I've attached a
hutch on top of it for books and stuff. Sponge painted the hutch blue, too.
Looks like clouds :)

  Watch out, Martha Stewart! :)

Cheers!

Carla