C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:06:29 -0700
mary,
in the last two years i have made great progress with my speaking by having feldenkrais lessons. I am learnng to sense when my body is going to get tight and/or legs or arms do their dance. in fact it has now become impossile for me to speak when i am the least bit tense, where befoe i would try to force the words out and it wouldnot be clear to anybody but my sister or mom. now strangers understand me 90 % of the time. I wish i had worked with a feldenkrais teacher when i was a kid!  The thing is when i have better control of my body, eating is easier! i also don't choke as much. those extra movemens we make, and the energy we spend trying to control them, takes a lot of energy. I think when you get more relaxed, digesting food will be easier. in the meantime, get a blender, and make fruit smoothies and green salad smoothies. These are good if chewing tires you out. I have them all the time.

learn more about feldenkrais at www.feldenkrais.org
oh, i was full term and i am double jointed, which sets me up for pain
when i use my laptop becuz of the touch pad 4 the mouse.

http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
Tamar Mag Raine
www.cafepress.com/tamarmag