VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:06:06 -0700
From:
Michael Groat <[log in to unmask]>
Ian,
When I first loss my sight I could not touch type.  I have big hands and
could reach the Right CNTL and the letter A with one hand.  I got a program
called Typing Tutor.  The program has its own voice, so JAWS is not needed.
After working with the program, I would think about where the letter was
that I wanted to type.  As time progressed, the keys became automatic to
hit.  This is the old adage that it takes practice.  I don't know what the
cost is, but as I remember, it was around $29.  Emails with using spell
check are a good way to practice.

Michael