VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 14:33:14 -0700
7bit
From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Please email suggestions concerning list operation
to [log in to unmask]

Hi,
You wrote:
> I use jaws for windows 8.0 on a windows xp home machine.
> I shut down jaws and I press ctrl+alt+j and it doesn't launch.
> ?So, I then went to the hot key field and it says "none."  So, I then
> pressed ctrl+alt+j then tabbed down to ok and pressed enter.
> I then shut down jfw and tried the hot key again, and it doesn't work.
> It's like this thing is forgetting my hot key.
> How do I fix this so I can launch jfw when I need it after getting done
> with another application, like vip, or, Kurzweil?
> Harry

I have a couple of suggestions.  First, when you get to the hotkey field,
just type the letter j; ctrl+alt is added to the letter that you place in
the hotkey field unless you specify some other combination.  After you do
that, reboot the machine.  Sometimes you need to do that for the changes to
take effect.

If that still doesn't work, you may have a conflict with some other
shortcut, in which case you'll need to take inventory of what you have in
your system.

Hope that helps.
Tom

Archived on the World Wide Web at