C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:28:47 +0000
From:
Meir,

I wonder if the family has tried more traditional treatments for dystonia.
This comes across as a late onset form of dystonia, but it seems to me that
drugs like baclofen (oral or ITB) might be helpful. It looks like they're
in South Florida, and one of the best research centers on childhood
movement disorders is at the University of Alabama/Birmingham. If it truly
progresses for five years and then stops, it seems like a fairly
straightforward research problem to find out what's stopping the production
of the neurotransmitter inhibiting the dystonia, or what's causing the over
production of the neurotransmitter causing the dystonia, and what then
causes the problem to reverse itself. This could potentially impact people
with "traditional" dystonic (athetoid) or mixed CP.

Kendall