C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 08:12:35 -0400
From:
Switching parties is one thing...switching parties after an
election...Golly!  Sounds like something a..a POLITICIAN might do. ;-)

Hi all!  Hope on the list is fine and enjoying these first long spring
days (Except for you, Kendall.  I know your spring starts somewhere
around mid-June.  Beth, at least you can look forward to autumn, no?).

Everybody keep your eyes on Sw A H1N1 and stock up your pantries with
staples and cough medicine.  It's currently a pandemic in only the
academic sense of the word.  The noises I'm hearing are that public
health officials are VERY concerned that the hammer is going to drop
HARD come fall after a lull this summer.  My Guard unit is having a
week-long exercise at the end of June to rehearse community isolation
and quarantine techniques.  This is in addition to our two week Annual
Training.  The reason this is remarkable is that this training is coming
out of state, not federal, funds.  Ohio, like most other states, is in a
bad way, financially, so for them to spend this kind of money on
training means that the Public Health officials must be really, really
concerned.

Mags, did you send a link to pics of your new house?  I'd love to see
'em.

Kat, it must be taking a real emotional toll on you to see so many of
your colleagues in your company get the sack.  I don't know which is
worse--getting laid off or surviving a lay-off.

Take care everyone!

Kyle