C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:37:17 -0700
well back in 1990 the state of alabama, along with michigan, texas, and florida started selling "prepaid tuition contracts." based on the age of your child you would pay a lump sum of money and the state "gasranteed" your kid would have tuition paid to any state college or university in alabama.
it appears that alabama's garantee is not worth much as they are likelt to default on the contracts. oh there will be law suits, but how long this stuff could drag out in court even if the state is ordered to pay will make it likely that serveral classes of kids expecting to go to college have had the state of alabama squander their tuition.

my son is at Auburn and not even sure if tuition is going to be paid.

 i'd think the state treasurer and lt. governor would quit running for governor and go hide. there are going to be some anger that is right below the serface that might not be pretty nor healthy for them when it boils over. these ole countrty boys down here are not going to take having the state swindle them too kindly. and when it affects their kids.... some of them are going to get very ugly.