Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Fred Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 05:50:11 -0400
  I thought some of you guys might be interested in this antenna.  I have
not used this antenna myself, a friend sent me this info. Many times blind
hams look for easy to put up and easy to use antennas and this looks like
one of themIt looks like an antenna that could be put up and taken down
quickly. . below is info. sent to me by my friend.

Here is some description on them from their web site. Thought you might be
interested. They are nice for portable work because they are end fed and you
can use them in a sloper configuration. I will let you know how they work
out when I get back.(description below)

The Par End-Fedz are a full length half wave dipoles, but with an important
difference. The coax connector is at one end of the dipole, where it is most
needed. These antennas can be mounted horizontally, vertically or as a
sloper. No ground plane or counterpoise is needed. Portable operation could
not be easier. Simply hang the far end from a tree limb-the coax is at the
bottom. Hang it up in a hotel window or string it up in the attic. End
insulators are supplied making suspension easy. The UV resistant ABS plastic
housing encloses an efficient matching network allowing the antenna to be
fed with common 50 ohm coaxial cable. All hardware is stainless and the
SO-239 connector is silver/teflon. The radiator material is a tough
polyethylene jacketed genuine Flex Weave (168 strands #36 woven copper) .
One end comes with a #10 solder lug making attachment to the matchbox simple
and allowing the radiator portion to be replaced if ever necessary. Power
rating is a conservative 100 watts. Lightweight (the 20 meter version is
only 0.5 pounds), they are ideal for portable work
http://www.parelectronics.com/end_fedz.htm.

Best wishes,

FRED ADAMS W4HC
FIGHT TRUTH DECAY