Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:25:10 +0000

Thanks to those who responded on this. Of the 6 who responded: 1 suggested another place for good gf pizza; 3 said figure something out and go, since the eating is secondary to being with friends; 1 said to let her know how it went; and, 1 said no go on Italian restaurants.  I didn't end up going because I ran out of time to take the advice of the 3 who said to go.  My plan is to go with my husband on a slow weekday and talk to the chef.  In that setting, I could get a feel for if they could accomodate gf (rather than a busy Saturday night with a large group).  I will write another message after that.

It was very interesting to learn about other people's perspectives on eating out.  At first I would go to a restaurant and ask what was in a dish and then order it, if the ingredients were ok.  I am a little gun shy about that now, after getting sick eating a couple dishes reportedly gluten free, which must have been contaminated by a chopping board with crumbs on it, or a utensil.  Also, my experience has been that if I go where people are eating a meal, and I don't, they ask about it and then the conversation tends to center around celiac. Anyway, thanks very  much for the food for thought.  I could probably be more creative in dealing with this.

Jeanne

*******
*******