From:
Mike Maloney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 06:59:19 -0400

Here in Toronto we have a large Jewish community.  Part of the population does
not eat Matzoh or indeed any wheat, rye, oats or barley during the eight days
of Passover (which starts this year at sundown Friday, April 14).  A *few*
stores bring in specially prepared food made by bakeries in Montreal and New
York city to sell during the 3 days preceding passover.  Yesterday I bought
egg noodles, potato pudding, apple pudding, lady fingers, jelly rolls,
muffins, rum balls, marble cake and more.  The main ingrediant is potato
starch and there does not appear to be any hidden sources of gluten.  The
labels are clear with no preservatives.  The prices are slightly better than
the health food stores and the selection is vastly better.  I gorged myself
and I'm still on a sugar high.  If you're near one of the stores check it out
quickly and stock up.