From:
beth hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:56:06 -0400

Dear Listserv Members,

We are pleased to announce that yesterday, April 6th, New Hampshire
Governor, John H. Lynch, Governor proclaimed May 2009 as CELIAC AWARENESS
MONTH.  Governor Lynch's proclamation begins the countdown to May and the
month long celebration that will take place throughout the entire world as
we observe this special time. To read the proclamation go to the ACDA
website at www.americanceliac.org .

Lots of celebrations/events will be taking place as the entire world
observes this special time.  From celiac walks to restaurant events as well
as special retail store and on-line promotions.

May is an exciting time for our community to generate awareness of Celiac
Disease.

Why May?  That's easy. The worldwide celiac community has sought to focus
attention during this month.  The medical community is focused on digestive
diseases, observing 'Digestive Disease Week' (DDW) which brings together
gastroenterologists from across the country.   When doctors gather, the
media follows.

By all means, celebrate awareness all the time.  As a community, this is our
time to show our strength and give a special salute to May.  Reflect on how
far we've come in making life easier, tastier and healthier for all of us
and how far we need to go to get our population diagnosed.

Watch for more updates here as we count down to May.

Beth Hillson

President, American Celiac Disease Alliance

www.americanceliac.org