From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:09:08 -0800
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Here are the replies that I have gotten.  Sorry for posting so quickly, but I have to leave town tomorrow for a funeral.  If I get more responses after I get back, I will summarize again.  Thanks to everyone!  This list is so wonderful to have!   Here are the replies:    I have the same
gluten reactions all the time, first gurgling, rumbling wit= h gas shooting
around, then next step moving bowels a lot until very loose.=  Lots
of smelly gas and spasms. No appetite, nausea. I can get the sa= me
reaction to other foods too, I call it gluten like.
*****
Aciphex is used for healing ulcers, but no drug works 100%. http://www.rxlist.com/aciphex-drug.htm   Side effects of Aciphex
http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20973&name=ACIPHEX

If you are having reactions to food, be sure no hidden gluten is slipping in. I was getting glutened by feeding the wild birds - the seed had wheat init and a puff of dust would hit my face as I poured the seed.  It is also possible that your have a sensitivity to another food. Yeast, corn, dairyand soy are very common suspects. I knew one person who could not toleraterice.    Are my gluten reactions always the same - No. I always become
depressed and=  aggitated and my eyes get red and hurt, but stomach pain
seems to depend o= n how much gluten I get.    Sounds like you need a
doctor who will work with you to figure out your sto= mach pain.
*****
I always get nausea, bloating, TONS of gas, diarrhea and malaise.  I usedto vomit but now the nausea is just bad enough to the point that I wish I could.  My pain is also directly in the middle area of my small intestines up to my stomach.
*****
Dr. Guandalini from Chicago Univ. said that gluten causes an internal reaction of about 8 weeks. I know if I get glutened the outward reactions lasts for about a week. If my back breaks out, it can take about a month to go away. I don't get diarrhea. Of course I also don't know if I ever had villousatrophy as my doctors refused to test me because I did not have diarrhea.
*****
I was the same way  with  discomfort just below my heart and no appetite.  After about a week it went away. Nothing enough for me to go to a doctor about.  This week my husband has the same thing. He does not have CD so I wondered if it is something minor going around. And thinking back it
was about four days, not a week.
*****
If you have stomach pain that is on the right, around/above the belt line, it could be a gall bladder that is complaining.  If you ate fatty food, spicy food, or pork, those are really common gall bladder triggers.
*****
THANKS SO MUCH!!
Denise

* Send administrative questions to mailto:[log in to unmask]
* Archives are at:
Http://Listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC