Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:19:56 -0400

Well here's the summary.  As you'll see the answers fell into two basic categories:

-Lays is great
-Lays is the worst.

Take from this what you will,
Richard Paul
Washington, DC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH LAYS
I eat Lay's regular potato chips quite regularly and haven't noticed any kind of reaction.

++++++++++++++++++
I ALWAYS HAVE TROUBLE WITH LAYS
My daughter reacts frequently (if not always) to frito lay products.  We have basically cut them from her diet because they are so unreliable for her.
--------------------------
I often get day-long headaches the day after I eat Lays chips.
-------------------------
I can tell you my experience with frito-Lay even with their everyday plain potato chips I've been glutened. They, in my opinion, have the worst QC between runs and do not trust them one iota.

LAYS IS NOT CAREFUL ABOUT CROSS-CONTAMINATION
We have 3 celiacs in our household, all are sensitive to Lays products. The only Lays item produced on a dedicated GF line are the Stax products (come press-formed in a can). My latest missive from Lays (5/08) listed three pages of products, including Miss Vickies, as not containing wheat, rye, oats, or barley. Also indicated, that though the products do not contain gluten, they are produced on shared lines with gluten contaning ingredients.  Only Stax are free of gluten.
I phoned a couple of years ago and was told there was gluten on the line for Miss Vickie's in Canada.

LAYS IS CAREFUL ABOUT CROSS-CONTAMINATION
I Have a friend that used to work for Frito Lay, and she said the process they go through to wash the lines is absolutely amazing.  They do a very thorough washing of every line, and they are inspected, etc.  Our family (3 of us are celiac) eat Frito Lay products without any problem.

*******
*******