From:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:30:58 -0800

I got a huge number of responses.  I tried to include all the recipes I
got, they are at the end.  There were a few duplicates, but I think I
found them all.  I included one for pumpkin bars.  for breakfast.mmmmmm

Most people gave menu or dish suggestions without a specific recipe.  I
didn't include all the suggestions, it would be tooooo long.  Many
apologizes to anyone whose email I over-summarized.

The dish I ended up making was a fritatta, and my sister made latkes with cornstarch instead of flour
http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/eggsdairy/r/spinbacchedfrit.htm
I made a few changes: I sauteed some onion and garlic till soft, then
added some zuchinni and a red bell pepper.  I cooked turkey bacon in
another pan and added it in.  Then added and steamed the spinach for a
few minutes.  For the egg mixture, I used 10 eggs and 1/3 cup water and
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, but no milk.  The rest of the recipe is
the same.  It was really good!

One idea that I will try sometime: Poccono Cream of Buckwheat, there is a recipe on the box for a cheesy buckwheat
casserole that includes a can of chopped chillies.

By far, the most common suggestion was fritatta (aka egg casserole or crustless
quiche).  Also a few suggestions for soufflee, for strata or egg and
bread casserole, or for quiche made with hashbrown crust..

Some other dishes or menu ideas, in no particular order:
giant rectangular omelette, then roll and slice into "pinwheels"
breakfast
burritos or breakfast tacos, made w/ corn tortilla (warm before
rolling) & filled w/ scambled eggs, served w/ nacho sauce or
salsa...
omelet bar
fruit salad
fruit compote
poached pears
brie wheel with mary's gone crackers
smoked salmon
mimosas
hot apple cider
"egg mcmuffins" with gf english muffins, eggs, canadian bacon or ham or other gf meat, and cheese.
Tradition scrambed eggs with sausage/bacon/ham and toast and hashbrowns
bruschetta
cheesecake
banana pudding

People recommeded the following links or products:
www.bettycrocker.com for the "Impossible Pie" recipes & substitue a g.f. baking like Pamela's for the Bisquick
http://kitchenography.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/06/crepes_.html
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search?q=hash+brown
http://glutenfreetrina.com/breakfast
http://karinasrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/09/brunch-alicious.html
http://www.gfnfoods.com/ (specifically the pancakes)
http://www.sylvanborderfarm.com/ (specifically the waffles)
Pamelas pancake and waffle mix was recommended
Trader Joes frozen pancakes and waffles were recommended

 Sarah Le Tard
find, and ye shall seek