From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:43:04 -0500

If you are in need of another GF cookie recipe, here's one. I thought about posting it just
as member "Snowfleet1" posted a similar recipe for a chocolate version (Chocolate
Delights). I hesitated only because I wanted to try these with a GF flour. I had made them
with regular flour for two different holiday parties and they were immediately consumed.
With only 1/2 cup of flour, I figured they could be easily converted...and they are. From
Pillsbury's Bake-Off Cookie Book:

Holiday Unbeatables

2 cups of confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup GF flour mix (probably any will do since it's such a small amount)
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
2 cups of chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped candied cherries

In mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and egg whites. Stir until thoroughly
blended. Add walnuts and cherries. Mix well. Drop by teaspoon 2 inches apart on cookie
sheet lined with greased parchment paper. Bake at 325º for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove
from oven, pull paper onto a large cooling rack and them them cool until it's almost time
for the next batch to come out of the oven. This cooling period is critical or you will never
get the cookies off the paper. Reuse the paper. (I've tried a Silpat sheet and greasing and
flouring the cookie sheet as the original recipe suggested, and both failed to work as well
as the greased parchment paper. Trust me....)

These are chewy and festive looking, and I got lots of compliments on them at my
parties. Have a great holiday!