From:
Christine Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:55:09 -0400

I posted this question on celiac-diabetes but i dont think site is still up. Last
post was from March so I was wondering if anyone here had diabetes also who
could help.Does anyone understand outcome of antipancreatic islet cell test
to see if you have autoimmune antibodys for type 1 diabetes.  My doctor ran
them on my daughter and said they were fine.  I got results also mailed to me
and lab said they where high.  there results said 1:64 but I dont know what
that means.  Unfortunately I ruffled the doctors feathers by questioning it and
now Im going to another doctor but cant be seen till mid september.  My
daughter has celaic and has glucose in urine an A1C of 6 and normal fastings
but spike after eating.  Any help understanding the test would be
appreciated.  I thought I read that not every presents with the antibodies
anyway but he said if she doesnt have them I dont have to worry.  Im worried
and going else where though.

*******
*******