From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 10:46:22 -0400
This pre-digestive process of enzymes in raw foods I assume begins right
after harvest?

Later, when you eat, how much real benefit would you derive during the time
the food in your mouth until your own system takes over destroying the
food's enzymes in the lower stomach? A couple of hours?

You would have to know the rate of predigestion effected by the enzymes of
the food since harvest and then apply that rate to the time period of that
food in your system (between mouth and lower stomach), I would take it? It
doesn't strike me that their activity would have the time to be of much
significance. More significant would be the time period between harvest and
ingestion, a period of days/weeks/months in vegetables/fruits and weeks in
meat? I am under the assumption these digestive enzymes begin reacting right
after harvest.

Marilyn