From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:46:00 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/2008 11:24:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

It is NOT a sin to eat flesh, only in the Old Testament, and that was just
for the Jews.
I am Jewish and this is not accurate.  The Torah (also known as  5 Books of
Moses) which Christians refer to as the Old Testament does not say it's a sin
for Jews to eat flesh.  It only says it's a sin for Jews to eat certain kinds
of meat - the Kosher rules -- ie pork, shellfish and animals not killed in a
humane way.  I'm simplifying this greatly but the point is, it does not say that
Jews should be vegetarians.  Thank G-d.