From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:18:03 -0400
What I did with one radio was got a longer strew to fit in the grounding
screw hole, cut the head off, screwed it a little way in the radio, put a
regular hex nut on it to act as a jam nut so it wouldn't back out, and then
you have the stud like the older radios had, so I put the wing nut on that.
I haven't done that with my TS-2000 yet but I did do that with my old TS-450
back when and my TS-570 and it worked great. I never have liked the screw
idea, I like the wing nut a lot better.