From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:02:11 -0400
    Steve:

Well, I realized my mistake as I was getting into bed last night, but was
too tired, embarrassed, or mentally exhausted to write another e-mail.

And, I was severely punished by the mathematics gods.  I was sentenced to a
week-end-long remedial math class that starts tomorrow at 2 p.m. Eastern
time, and runs till 6 p.m. on Sunday evening.

But, don't forget:  I'm a sociologist, and I negotiated my way  out of that
one as only a Sociologist can do.  (grin)

But, seriously, Steve, I'm quite surprised that those few extra feet make
that much of a difference in SWR's.

I guess it does, but would be interested in the wisdom that you and others
might have to share about the topic.

Unfortunately, for now, I may have to live with this antenna arrangement for
a while.  It was incredibly hard for my help to get the  antenna back up the
last time, due to a lot of other guy wires and other things in the way, and,
quite honestly, I don't know if I can ask him to come over here to do it all
again.  Not that he's angry or anything. ... In fact, he's a great
friend--It's just a matter of what I can reasonably ask.

I am confident that the antenna will tune ok on 40 and 80 with the
auto-tuner in the TS480, and I always have my old MFJ manual tuner as well.

If you or anyone have any ideas as to another quick fix, or anything I can
do on the ground or otherwise, just let me know.

All I can say is that I sure have learned a lot from this project, and,
certainly, all is not lost.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ