VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:11:01 -0500
Hi, Tony,

If you're looking for assistance with assistive technology, you may want to contact TRAID (Technology Related Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities):
http://www.advoc4disabled.state.ny.us

This is a snip from the web site:

"If you are looking for used equipment or would like to donate or sell devices you no longer use or need, TRAID-In may be able to help.
The TRAID-In Equipment Program 'matches' or connects people who have assistive devices they no longer need with people with disabilities who need those assistive devices. Our service is available for persons living in New York State only and is free of charge.
Anyone who wishes to be 'matched' or connected with an owner of a device listed in the TRAID-In Equipment Program must first become a member by completing, signing and returning an application to our agency. Applications can be requested by calling our statewide toll-free number, 800.522.4369 (voice/TTY/Spanish) or by e-mailing our agency at [log in to unmask] There are 2 types of applications. One is to SELL/DONATE assistive devices. The other is for people who NEED/WANT assistive devices. One or both can be requested at the same time.
Once the application(s) is completed, signed and returned to the office the information will be put into our database. We will attempt to 'match' or connect you with a participant who either needs your device or has the device you need. She will notify you. The 'matched' parties then have ONE month to negotiate a deal. This will include working out how the item gets from one home to the other. The owners are responsible for informing us if the match was successful and if the device(s) is still available."

Good luck!
- Judi

>>> Anthony Slate <[log in to unmask]> 10/29/05 12:59 PM >>>
Does anyone know if New York State has a grant program