VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:44:25 -0700
Hi,
I've found that APH's Talking Typing Tutor can destabilize some XP machines,
so I'm hesitant to recommend it.  Marvelsoft's Talking Typing Teacher works
well in most cases, but if you do run into problems you're likely to find
that their tech support sucks. I haven't tried TypeAbility, but it looks
like a cool little program and is supposed to be really fun to use.  I know
Dave Pinto, the developer and I'm sure that he put a lot of thought into it
and was meticulous in its coding.  He's the guy who developed the
CakeTalking script package for Cakewalk.

Tom