VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:30:12 -0400
Without expressing an opinion on this and I don't have a strong one:

this question has been debated back and forth by countless pc gurus with
absolutely no discernable aggreement.  Probably more energy is spent
discussing the question than anything else.
And probably more items in the typical office or home drain far greater
amounts of electricity than the lowly personal pc.
Keep in mind that not only must power issues be considered, but also wear
and tear on the components involved, what others items remain powered when
a pc runs, what is lost in time value with pcs running or not running,
etc.
It's a fun question to discuss over the water cooler, but I doubt that
there is a real right ansswer to it.

As for what we do around our home, we generally leave desktops on during
waking hours or when scheduled to do recordings; turn them off at night or
during t-storms.
Remember, your time is also worth something.

The Holy Spirit is nothing more than God in motion.

Ray Pritchard, Keep Believing Ministries
from the sermon "The Wind Blows Wherever It Wills
http://www.keepbelieving.com/podcasts/HolySpirit1-Final.mp3"

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]