VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:29:25 -0400
Hi, everyone.
As stated in the subject line, I'm using Windows 7 and am having such a
difficult time accessing My Documents.  On the Desktop is an icon called
Documents, which brings me into what I'd consider my main Documents
directory.  Its path seems to be libraries\documents, which is fine.
But when I want to attach a file, say, to an e-mail from this directory,
and I choose Browse to look for it, I can't seem to get to this
directory.  I'd thought that users\owner\documents brought me to the
right place, but all I see there are my subdirectories, and not the
single, individual files that are also there.  Actually, in the
users\owner directory, there doesn't even seem to be a subdirectory
called Documents, but rather one called My Documents.  And Documents in
the users\public folder appears to have even fewer subdirectories.  If
the icon on the Desktop leads to \libraries\documents, where in the
world is the Libraries directory?  Is it hidden?  I can't understand why
there are so many different Documents folders, and each one seems to
have a different number of files/subdirectories in it.  How can I browse
to what I'm calling my "main" Documents directory in order to access ALL
of my subdirectories and files?  This is just crazy - or maybe I'm
missing something very basic here.
Thanks for any help any of you can provide; and I hope I've been at
least somewhat clear in my explanation of the problem.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]