VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 14:56:22 -0400
Hi all

My two cents or so on this thread:

--I find it disconcerting to get a rant about Windows 7 without any
prior information on this list about what is or is not being promised
as far as Windows 7 in general and accessibility in particular. I do
not have time to follow every stream of info out there, and if one is
going to have a rant, I would never find it terrible to have links to
information the rant might refer to or be based on.

--I am sort of jaded about new software upgrades. Are they necessary?
Sometimes actually. Are they sometimes a lot of windowdressing? Yup.
Are they a pain? Sometimes. There are several versions of a joke about
heaven and hell and the demo version and what gets shipped. My
expectations would be that Windows 7 and accessibility features would
need the same level of user break-in to be functional. That alone based
on precedent probably does not get you a lawsuit.

--I am sure there are probably reasons to sue Microsoft just on
principle. It's a giant software company with a long reach and many
challenges, but organizing the details of something that would work
takes thought, careful reasoning, and more legal talent than one is
likely to find just ranting on a techie list.

In general, I always appreciate informative posts; rants are a dime a
dozen and I have my favorite topics too!

Best

DoreneC
Seattle WA

Archived on the World Wide Web at