VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:41:44 -0700
Hi all.  Some time ago I posted a question regarding the image on my 19 inch
flat screen monitor that was sideways, and later turned itself upside down,
but which wouldn't go back upside right no matter what I did.  Some of you
gave me interesting and otherwise useful advice, however none of it helped
with my machine.  Well, one of the people to whom I had sent the question
obviously kept it in the back of his mind all this time and today called me
with what he thought might be a solution.  Well, it was, and now my monitor
is right side up again, and if I weren't blind I'd be very happy about it.
Actually, even though I'm blind I'm still happy about it.

I'm using Windows XP and JAWS 7.1.

Here's where it was found:

Hit Control + Escape, then tab to the Desktop Button.  Once there hit the
Applications Key, which will bring up the Context Menu.  Down arrow to the
Graphics Option Submenu and hit Enter.  Down arrow to the Graphics
Properties dialog box and hit Enter.  Hit the Shift + Tab once and right
arrow across to the Rotation Tab.  Now tab to the Radio Buttons that toggle
through Normal, 90 degree, 180 degree and 270 degree.

Of course mine was set at 180 degrees, and although I haven't yet had it
visually confirmed I assumed that putting it back to Normal has fixed the
problem.

Thanks to all who tried, and finally succeeded in finding me a solution.

Thx, Albert

***

Albert A. Ruel
National Equality Director
Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians (AEBC)
404-335 St James Street
Victoria BC  V8V 4S8
Tf: 1-800-561-4774  Work Tl: 250-294-1352

Email

URL
WWW.BlindCanadians.ca

To the wrongs that need resistance,