VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 17:52:55 -0400
Keith

www.peoplepc.com

may well fit the bill for you.
They offer unlimited dial-up access for $10.95 with, for new subscribers,
an offering of half-price ($5.47 a month) for the first 3 months (just
what you seem o need).
The question, of course, is whether they have a local access number for
you.
After accessing

www.peoplepc.com

click on the link

check your area.

and look for the first edit box.
here, begin typing in a 10-digit phone number from which you wish to find
an access number for.
You will then be given a potential list of valid phone numbers for access.
Not certain if one of those numbers will work for you,
then call

1-888-earthlink

and choose "find a local access number" option.
Note the area code and exchange suggested, and find that in the list you
retrieved from peoplepc.com
and, oh yes, as you may have guessed by now,
peoplepc is an Earthlink division though that fact isn't widely
acknowledged.
It's a budget version of Earthlink designed for those that now have high
speed services and want a security blanket backup and, of course, for
travelers.
I myself use for both a back-up as well as when we're traveling and don't
have high speed available.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]