From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:45:55 +0000
Yes, studies have shown that AGEs in foods contribute to AGEs in the body. There are various studies showing that a low-AGE diet contributed to lower overall levels of AGEs in the body for example:-

http://jasn.asnjournals.org/cgi/content/full/14/3/728

Exercise can reduce symptoms related to AGEs on a temporary basis, but exercise can't really compensate for a bad diet in the long-term. That is, if someone is on a bad diet, they're likely to end up  unhealthy enough not to be able to or want to exercise in the first place.

Re acetyl-l-carnosine :- I'm extremely doubtful of the efficacy of processed supplements, given that they are notoriously ineffective. As for acetyl-l-carnosine in meats, sure that would reduce the chances of glycation-related issues re AGEs to some extent but there are of course other heat-created toxins such as heterocyclic amines(present in cooked muscle-meats and cigarette smoke primarily), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and nitrosamines( the last one being more an issue with smoked/processed meats, I believe). Plus, there are also ALEs(otherwise known as Advanced Lipoxidation End products(not derived from sugar),  which are a major issue with cooked animal foods, so avoiding sugars isn't too effective.

Geoff