From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:20:47 -0600
Geoff:

You've raised an interesting item: do consumed glycatinated substances
contribute to AGEs in vivo?

One powerful intervention for preventing, possibly reversing AGEs is
interval strength training; moreover, that method results in upwards of 25%
greater carnosine stores assuming supplementation with beta-alanine.
Supplemental carnosine is likewise effective.

Recently published studies indicate cataracts result from AGEs, while
topical administration of acetyl-l-carnosine has been shown to arrest
further cataract development, and in some cases reverse it. Best bet is to
eliminate sugars from the diet altogether.