From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:02:02 +0100
On Aug 31, 2008, at 9:01 pm, Larry Magee wrote:

> I've been on the Cordain Paleo Diet for about two months with no
> cheating.

So you're frying everthing in Canola oil then :o)  Woops did I say
that out loud?

To regular readers: I'm joking by the way!!!  Before I get shot down
again...

> this includes eating no salt which I now enjoy.  I have been
> sleeping better
> but I'm also noticing that I have a little less energy.

You don't by any chance have constant hunger and muscle weakness do you?

To regular readers:  I'm joking again!!!

> I'm thinking of
> adding a little sea salt to the diet as an experiment, perhaps about
> 500 mg
> per day.  I live in texas and sweat quite a bit for about an hour a
> day
> while exercising outside this time of year.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions or experiences to share about adding a little salt to
> the diet?

I add loads of salt to my food (that said I believe I have run down
adrenals, of which a key symptom is salt craving), but last time my
blood pressure was checked it was perfectly normal.  Not a very
scientific study, I know, but I have only me to go on.  I am not
scared of salt, and have yet to see any compelling evidence why anyone
with healthy kidneys should be.  I suspect salt will be the next
cholesterol...

Ashley