From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:17:46 -0600
From: "Ro" <[log in to unmask]>
====

"You've no doubt heard that grapefruit juice can greatly increase the
effects of some drugs. Even to a dangerous degree. Pharmacologist David
Bailey made that discovery almost 20 years ago. A substance in the juice
blocks an enzyme that breaks down the drugs. Now Bailey's back with a fresh
finding—grapefruit juice, orange juice, apple juice and other fruit juices
can also severely decrease the absorption of certain drugs.

Hmmmm.  Wonder if organic o.j. with pulp would pose a problem re. absorption
of things like spices & herbs.

I make my own capsules of organic spices/herbs that reduce inflammation,
etc. & wonder what it is about the juices that blocks the enzymes.  Is it
the citrus, acidity, sugars ????

Kath