From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:29:14 -0400
The problem is, that the problem is so simple, a shielded cable from the
base to the head fixes the problem. I now know 2 people that have replaced
that cable when they had problems and it fixed the problem. It's not
something I'd want to do, so mine will just sit in the box until I find a
use for it, but that's all it apparently is so you'd think Kenwood would
have fixed it somewhere in the last 20+ years. I should pull my MC-50 apart
one of these days and see if that's the same, I'd bet it's not since I never
had that problem with that mic but I have only used it on my TS-2000 for 1
night for something different to try and didn't push it so I can't say for
sure. Someday I'll pull that apart and see. I know a couple people using
MC-50 on their TS-2000's though with no problem, with a replaced plug of
course or an adapter, so I'd bet that's shielded. I'm curious now.