From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:11:57 -0400
Tom,

"Flex-weave"  is a brand made and sold by Davis RF.  Also sold by the
Wireman  and others.  It's made of a lot of tiny strands and as the name
implies is flexible.

That's a long antenna and if it's not going to be somehow supported  in the
middle, it is going to be a lot of weight on that wire. Not sure it would be
my first choice in this application, but who knows.

I've read on the Tower Talk list over the years some reports of breakage
while others claim long life. Also difficulty in soldering after breakage .
After it's been up for a while, all the little strands oxidize and become
difficult to  solder.   Steve Davis of Davis RF had posted a fix involving
use of a mild acid to clean the wire before soldering.
Before spending my money, I'd e-mail Steve Davis at davisrf.com and see if
he thinks it is the right wire for your application. I don't know him
personally, but he has a good reputation and won't steer you wrong.

73, Steve KW3A