From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 05:45:14 -0500
Hi folks.

Here is a copy of an email I sent to Freedom Scientific about a problem I am
having with OpenBook 8.0.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it very
much.  They want me to call them to work out the problem, but I haven't done
it yet.  I am still hoping I can solve the problem myself with help.

-----

Dear Sir or Madam:

At the recent ACB convention I purchased OpenBook 8.0 as an update to
version 7.0.

In spite of all my best efforts I have been unable to get it to scan
anything.  When I try, my computer makes that ding, ding, ding sound like
when the cursor can't move any more.

Since version 7.0 was never on this computer, I even tried uninstalling 8.0,
installing 7.0 and then reinstalling 8.0 to see if there was a file it may
have needed from 7.0 to do the job, but that did not work.

I am using an HP Precision Scan Pro which as far as I know is properly
hooked up and turned on.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Harvey Heagy

Here is a bit more information I discovered since I wrote that email.  When
it is making that dinging sound, the only way I can stop that sound and get
out of the program is to hit the key combination of Alt-Control-S and then
it will stop and let me out of the program.