From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:20:10 -0400
Anthony,

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but, the NLS recordings, even though
they are marked up in the daisy standard, can not be played on any daisy
player or reader.  They will only work in players that have been aproved by
NLS which has no plans to aprove any software player.  This means we will
not be able to play NLS recorded material on a computer in the foreseeable
future.  They are keeping very tight control on the stuff they produce.  Lou