From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:38:54 +1000
Hi all,
I'm considering constructing a loop antenna for 80 meters which
hopefully will work across the hf bands I plan to wirk with or without
the aid of a transmatch.
the xyl has limited me to $65 aud for this project. and I'll blow 40 of
that on a 100 meter roll of copper wire and 20 meters of coax. if there
are any white stick vks on the list, or if anybody else has any
suggestions as to how to proceed with mounting the thing once I've
cobbled it together, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm also limited to a
hight of at most 20 feet or 6 meters. and the unfortunate thing about
this situation is I haven't a tree in the backyard to speak of that will
support such a venture. and the other annoyance is the two thirds of
fencing that is colorbond not to mention there's no way of mounting it
that will prevent the clothesline from being in the middle of the setup.
firstly,
will the antenna work considering I'm only going to use coax, as I can't
afford ladder line or any kind of twinlead? and secondly will it
complain too much about the clothesline being in the middle of it.
all thoughts and suggestions welcome.
thanks

--
Shaun