From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:11:27 -0400
Anthony,

The volume controls are steps, not analog pots, and the steps are somewhat
coarse.  You can solve the volume problem by using an external speaker and
putting a 100-ohm L-pad between the radio and the speaker.  Connect the
wires from the radio to the end terminals of the pot, and the speaker to the
center terminal and the end that has the ground side of the radio connected
to it.  Note that if you use the wrong end of the pot for ground, the
control will work backwards.

Steve