VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 15:47:26 -0500
From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Hello:

Is there anyone out there successfully transcribing documents into
correct American Grade 2 Braille using the index Basic-D embosser and
Win Braille?  If so, I'd like to make contact with you.

We've used Win Braille here on occasion to transcribe some materials,
but we don't use it a lot because we find it makes small but intolerable
mistakes in its Grade 2 translation that Duxbury doesn't make.  For
example, if I have an original document that lists the twentieth day of
a month as:
May 20th,

Win Braille puts a letter sign before the th sign after the number 20
which is incorrect.  We've noticed all sorts of little things like that.

So again, if you are successfully using Win Braille, I'd like to talk
with you.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888-825-0080 (Voice/Relay)
www.thechicagolighthouse.org

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]