Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Bob J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:51:30 -0800
Lou,

I thought the idea of an e-mail list was for everyone to be able to see all
of the responses to a message that is on topic:

THF6A KEYS

#1 = Power settings: low beep = 5 watts; first high beep = medium power; 2nd
high beep = low power
Function #1 = battery power level

#2 = band select: low beep = 2 meters on both receivers; first high beep =
220 on the A receiver; second high beep = 440 on the A receiver
function #2 = mode selection on the B receiver: low beep = FM;

#3 = receiver select: low beep = the A receiver; high beep = the B receiver
function #3 = Select listen both receivers: low beep = both receivers are
active; high beep = only selected receiver is active.

The A key is the function key.  By itself, when held down for a second,
locks or unlocks the transceiver:
low beep = unlocked; high beep = locked
When pressed momentarily: low beep = out of function mode; high beep = in
function mode (waiting for some other key press)

#4 = info band and switches to the B receiver: press the B key to exit this
mode.
Function #4 = unusable by blind persons.

#5 = squelch adjustment mode: after pressing #5, adjust squelch with tuning
knob.
To exit squelch adjustment mode, Press #5 again or press the push to talk
button.
Function #5 = VOXMode

#6 = Balance adjustment mode for listening to 2 receivers:
Function #6 = Nothing

The B key = VFO mode

#7 = PL codes
Function #7 = Set PL codes:

#8 = Reverse mode:
Function #8 = Offset +orMinus selection:

#9 = Unusable by blind
Function #9 = Unusable by blind

The C key is for memory:
Function key & the C key = memory

The star key = decimal point when appropriate
Function star = lock out frequency from scanning

#0 = fine tuning on some B receiver bands.
Function #0 = In VFO mode, adjusts tuning steps.

# key = the enter key
function +# key = Locks the band? Not recommended for blind users.

The D key = The Call channel: low beep = out of call channel; high beep = in
the call channel
function +D key = program the call channels.

hth

Bob   KD8IXD