Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 22:21:16 -0400
Hi.

The one that I used was made out of copper tubing.  There are a variety of
materials that you can use, and some of the parameters change a bit
depending upon the method of construction.  I am not an expert on the
construction, but I have seen plans in the past for using 300 ohm ribbon
cable to make the J-pole.  The copper tubing J-pole was nice because I
didn't have to worry about hanging it from anything--I just had to find a
way to secure it to the top of the TV mast that I had it mounted on, and it
was especially easy to turn it horizontal, since it was made of a rigid
material.

73, de Lou K2LKK

P.S.  Mine was constructed by a fellow in the next town who used to make
them up and sell them at the Rochester hamfest.