Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:40:08 -0500
I did some research a few years ago, and found an article that a guy wrote
about multi-band antennas.  According to this, a balanced fed antenna of 178
feet in length, is the best compromise antenna for operating from 160 to 10
meters.  he used a modeling program, and averaged the gain and loss on
different bands.  So that is what I am operating here.  Oddly enough, if I
run the feed line from it's 40 foot height to the balon coil, it isn't that
good.  If I add a non-resonant length of twin lead, making I think 85 feet
it works about 10 DB better on most bands.  I can use the internal ts480
tuner on 160, most of 80, and 30 and up.  You wouldn't have dog legs, an
inverted Vee would be better, the higher you can get the center the better.