From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:55:09 -0700
On Jun 28, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Paleo Phil wrote:

 > Money is the basic motivator that this "insane asylum" runs on....

Back in 2003 I found on this whole sale grain processing company's
web site http://www.cerealfood.com/home.html
a link promoting the USDA Food Pyramid www.cerealfoods.com/pyramid
(it has been removed)
But it said: "Because we fully recognize that the success of Cereal
Foods is dependent on the success of the baking industry and
breadstuffs in general, we are active in assisting organizations such
as the Wheat Foods Council in promoting the USDA Food Guide Pyramid.
If Americans ate just the minimum of six servings as recommended in
the pyramid graphic, an additional $7 billion in wholesale baked
goods would be realized. Cereal Foods Processor believes in making
this possibility a reality."

Now, speaking of Dean Ornish.  Has anyone noticed that he looks over
weight and has a double chin?   Take a look at him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DeanOrnishJI1.jpg

He will soon be 55 years old but in this picture taken last year when
he was 53 he looks 75 years old.  Notice how his hair is so dry it
looks like brown steel wool?

I remember there was a lot of criticism of Atkins look at age 73. I
can't find a picture of Atkins as high res as the one of Ornish but
take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DrRobertAtkins.jpg